Downtown street closures for Club Crawl
September 29, 2011
The following downtown travel restrictions will be in place this weekend to accommodate the annual Fall Club Crawl music festival, beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, October 1, 2011, until 8 a.m., Sunday, October 2, 2011:
- Fifth Avenue will be closed to travel from Broadway to Toole Avenue.
- Eastbound Broadway will be reduced to one lane from Scott Avenue to Sixth Avenue. Left turns will be prohibited along Broadway at Sixth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Parking will be restricted along Broadway from Sixth Avenue to Fourth Avenue to accommodate the detour.
- North Toole Avenue will be closed from Congress Street to Pennington Street. However, Tucson Police officers will allow business access from Sixth Avenue to eastbound Toole Avenue. South Toole Avenue will remain accessible from Congress.
- The Fourth Avenue Underpass will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained during the closure.
- From noon Saturday, October 1, 2011, until 8 a.m., Sunday, October 2, 2011 Congress Street will be closed from Fourth Avenue to Sixth Avenue, and westbound Congress Street traffic will be detoured onto Broadway at Fourth Avenue, making Broadway two-way traffic from Fourth Avenue to Sixth Avenue. At Sixth Avenue, westbound traffic will be directed north on Sixth Avenue and then to Alameda Street.
The following downtown street closure will be in place on Saturday, October 1, 2011, from 7 a.m. until midnight to accommodate the Arizona Theatre Company’s Annual Fund Raising Gala:
• Scott Avenue from 14th Street to 13th Street.
Electronic message boards will be in place to advise motorists of downtown travel restrictions.
Motorists driving in this area can expect traffic delays during this event. Business access will be maintained to the extent possible but please be aware that some businesses can only be accessed by foot during this closure. The traveling public should use caution when driving, bicycling or walking in this area. Please watch for event participants, obey all traffic control signs, and watch for detour signs and personnel providing traffic control.