Street Closures for Sat., Oct. 1 & Upcoming Events
September 28, 2011
- Fifth Avenue will be closed to travel from Broadway to Toole Avenue from 8AM Saturday, October 1- 8AM Sunday, October 2.
- Starting at NOON Saturday, October 1- 8AM Sunday, October 2, Congress Street will be closed from Fourth Avenue to Sixth Avenue, and westbound Congress Street traffic will be detoured onto Broadway at Fourth Avenue, making Broadway two-way traffic from Sixth Avenue to Fourth Avenue. At Sixth Avenue, westbound traffic will be directed north on Sixth Avenue and then to Alameda Street.
- Eastbound Broadway will be reduced to one lane from Scott Avenue to Sixth Avenue. Left turns will be prohibited along Broadway at Sixth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Parking will be restricted along Broadway from Sixth Avenue to Fourth Avenue to accommodate the detour.
- North Toole Avenue will be closed from Congress Street to Pennington Street. However, Tucson Police officers will allow business access for eastbound Toole Avenue from Sixth Avenue. South Toole Avenue will remain accessible from Congress.
- The Fourth Avenue Underpass will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained during the closure.
- **May want to direct I-10 Patrons to use either: 22nd St exit – head eastbound to 6th Avenue and then northbound into DT OR Speedway exit – head eastbound to Stone Avenue and then southbound into DT
- Scott Ave will be completely closed from 14th Street to 13th Street from: 7AM Saturday, October 1 until midnight.
PARKING INFORMATION: Click HERE.
- Scott Avenue between Broadway Boulevard and Congress Street & 5th Avenue between Broadway Boulevard and Congress Street is closed Saturday, October 8 from 10am to 5am.
- Temporary street closures for vehicle traffic during Pride on Parade. The route is: 6th Avenue and Pennington Street going south to Congress Street then west on Congress Street and north on Stone Avenue and finishing at Pennington Street. The closures will be on Scott Avenue between Alameda to Pennington from 7PM to 10PM for staging. Parking access to Pennington St Garage will be available from Church to Pennington only.
- Parking along Congress Street, from 5th Avenue to Stone Avenue is restricted to 2nd Saturdays vendors and other activities.