Downtown Utility Work for Modern Streetcar
March 5, 2012
TUCSON MODERN STREETCAR SOUTHWEST GAS UTILITY WORK DOWNTOWN
Contractors for Southwest Gas continue work in the downtown area to move/upgrade underground utility lines in preparation of the upcoming rail placement for the Tucson Modern Streetcar.
This phase of Southwest Gas work will occur in areas along Broadway and
Congress between Fourth Avenue and Granada Avenue. Upcoming
restrictions are as follows:
Starting March 5: Eastbound Broadway, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
During the week of March 5, the contractor will begin work along
eastbound Broadway, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues. Work will take
place over night between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. the following morning. This
work is expected to be complete by March 23, 2012.
● One travel lane will be open at all times
● No construction related restriction on Sixth Ave.
● Arizona Ave., north of Broadway, will be closed
● Intermittent closures of Arizona Ave. south of Broadway
March 5 and 6: Fifth Ave. at Broadway
On March 5 and 6, the contractor will be working at the Broadway
intersection in the northbound lanes of 5th Ave. Work will occur from 8
p.m. – 5 a.m. the following morning.
● Northbound Fifth Ave. through traffic will be detoured around
the work area.
● Southbound Fifth Ave. motorist will not be affected.
● Turn movements from Southbound Fifth Ave. to eastbound Broadway
will not be affected.
Broadway at Herbert Ave.
On Monday, March 5, from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. the contractor will be
working on Broadway at the intersection of Herbert Ave.
● The right lane of Broadway at Herbert Ave. will be closed
● Herbert Ave will be closed at the south side of its
intersection with Broadway