Streetcar Special Construction Update
October 30, 2012
This is a special Construction Update for the City of Tucson Modern Streetcar Project. If you have any questions or concerns, call the info line at 624-5656 to speak to a team member about the project.
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Thursday, November 1, the Congress Street and Stone Avenue intersection will be closed. The temporary closure of the intersection will allow the contractor to safely install water lines across the intersection.
- The closure will be in place 24 hours a day through Wednesday, November 7.
- East and west pedestrian access across Stone Avenue will be maintained.
- Because of safety and proximity to the work area, north and south pedestrian access will only be maintained along the west side of Stone Avenue.
- Alternate routes for motorists traveling southbound on Stone Avenue, north of Congress Street, are:
- Alameda Street, west to Church Avenue and south to Broadway.
- Pennington Street, east to Scott or Sixth Avenues and then south to Broadway.
- Parking along Stone Avenue, south of Congress Street will not be available.
- Handicap access and drop off will be available on the southwest corner of Pennington Street and Stone Avenue and on the northeast corner of Church Avenue and Congress Street.
- Temporary loading zones will be available at the southwest corner of Pennington Street and Stone Avenue.
Please note: Roadway closures indicate areas where roads are closed to vehicular and bicycle traffic. Pedestrian access adjacent to these closures will be maintained at all times. Cyclists must walk their bikes while using the sidewalks.
The construction activity information in this update is subject to change at any time.