Sun Link Streetcar *Special Construction Update*
February 19, 2013
- On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, the contractor will begin nighttime work to complete water line installations along Congress Street/Broadway, between Granada and Church Avenues.
- On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 through Friday, February 22, 2013, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night, AND
- Sunday, February 24, 2013 through late March, 2013, work will take place Sunday through Thursday nights from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Eastbound Congress Street/Broadway, between Granada and Church Avenues will be closed. Eastbound traffic will be detoured south along Granada Avenue to Cushing Street east to Church Avenue and then north on Church Avenue to Broadway.
- North and southbound Granada Avenue through traffic will not be impacted by this work.
- North and southbound Church Avenue through traffic will not be impacted by this work.
- On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, the intersection of Congress Street and Fifth Avenue will be closed to through traffic. The closure will allow the contractor to install specialty rail elements within the intersection. The closure will be in place until April 11, 2013, a total of seven weeks.
- Congress Street will remain open to traffic between Arizona and Church Avenues.
- Parking along Fifth Avenue, north and south of Congress Street will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access around the work area will be maintained.
- Access to Arizona Avenue from Broadway will be maintained. Southbound travel on Arizona Avenue will not be permitted during this temporary closure.
The construction activity information in this update is subject to change at any time.