Downtown Tucson + 1000 More College Students
March 25, 2013
What are all these new folks going to need? From http://www.bncollege.com/news/2012-back-to-college-shopping-what-are-students-buying/
STUDENTS’ MUST-HAVE LIST
So, what are the most wanted products this back-to-college season? MRY tracked dozens of items across several categories and found that while the big-ticket items like tablets, big screen TVs and gaming consoles are on students’ wish lists, they will spend the majority of their money on essentials for class: laptops, printers, software and clothing.
- Laptops – 40% bought new, 36% plan to buy
- Productivity Software – 24% bought new, 29% plan to buy
- Credit Card – 35% signed up, 62% plan to sign up
- Checking Account – 43% signed up, 42% plan to sign up
- PayPal Account – 33% signed up, 34% plan to buy
- Streaming Media Service – 34% signed up, 25% plan to buy
- Fall Fashion – 61% bought clothes, $200 spent on average
For more information on MRY’s back-to-college study, visit http://www.mry.com/.