Saint Patrick’s Day Festival & Parade Travel Infomation
March 12, 2013
The following information is from the City of Tucson’s recent news release. Questions may be directed to Public Information Officer Michael Graham at (520) 837-6686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Street Closures for Sunday, March 17, 2013
Downtown Tucson hosts the annual Saint Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade on Sunday, March 17. The Festival takes place at Armory Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Parade starts at 11 a.m. and begins at Stone Avenue and 17th Street, proceeds north on Stone Avenue to Ochoa Street, turns east and crosses Scott Avenue to 6th Avenue and ends at Armory Park. Further information about the Saint Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade can be found at: http://www.tucsonstpatricksday.com.
Saint Patrick’s Day Parade closures are from 10 a.m. until approximately noon and include:
- Sixth Avenue between 12th Street and 18th Street
- Stone Avenue between 18th Street and Broadway Boulevard with northbound traffic detoured to Fourth Avenue.
- Scott Avenue is closed between Broadway Boulevard and Ochoa Street.
- Additionally, beginning at approximately 9 a.m. until approximately noon, all east-west cross streets (13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th Streets) are closed between 5th Avenue and Stone Avenue for parade staging.
- Finally, 13th Street between 5th Avenue and Sixth Avenue will remain closed until 6 p.m. to accommodate festival activities.