*Streetcar Special Construction Update*
March 1, 2013
- From 8 p.m., Sunday March 3, 2013 through April 1, 2013, the Sun Link Tucson Streetcar contractor will be working to install rail along Broadway, between Fifth and Church Avenues. According to streetcar project manager Joe Chase, one eastbound travel lane of Broadway, between Church and Fifth Avenues, will be maintained; however, north-south through travel on Broadway will be restricted at the intersections of Stone, Fifth and Arizona Avenues. Specifically, travelers in the area should be aware:
- One eastbound travel lane will be maintained at all times along Broadway, between Church and Fifth Avenues.
- Northbound Stone Avenue traffic will be restricted to local traffic only between 18th Street and Broadway. All other northbound Stone Avenue traffic will be directed to use Sixth Avenue.
- Southbound Stone Avenue to eastbound Broadway turn movements will be permitted during most of the work.
- Southbound Stone Avenue through traffic will not be permitted.
- Fifth and Arizona Avenues through traffic will be detoured to Sixth Avenue.
- North and south bound pedestrian access at the intersection of Broadway and Fifth Avenue will not be permitted. Pedestrians may use Sixth Avenue at Broadway as their alternate north or south access.
- Access to the St. Augustine Cathedral, 192 S. Stone Avenue, is available during this work activity.
- Officers will be on site at several locations to direct travelers and pedestrians during peak traffic times. Please plan for additional travel time while temporary traffic controls are in place.
The construction activity information in this update is subject to change at any time.