- This event has passed.
7th Annual Agave Fest
May 2, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us at 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 2 for our 7th Annual Agave Fest.
Who knew the seventh year of Hotel Congress’ Agave Fest would be the year to turn what was known as just a tequila lovers paradise into an event infused with the history and culture of agave based spirits? We partnered with Vamos a Tucson and the Mexican Consulate to curate an event never before seen in Tucson. Tickets to Agave Fest are limited and with the additional programming are guaranteed to sell out, so hurry and get yours while supplies last.
- Seminars with a world-renowned mezcal expert Sergio Inurrigaro
- A fundraising Agave Dinner for Native Seeds/SEARCH by Janos Wilder
- Chapulines (grasshoppers) for the brave of heart or stomach
- Esoteric tequilas by rock star Roger Clyne and movie star George Clooney
- The opportunity to taste mezcal unattainable in the United States
- Agave 101 spirit seminar from 5 to 6 p.m. This is for ticket holders only and on a first come, first serve basis, so arrive early.
- Live music by Vox Urbana
- 10 tasting tickets to use for over 50 bacanoras, mezcals, sotols, and tequilas for your tasting pleasure
- A commemorative Agave Fest shot glass
- Taco & Salsa Bar by the Cup Cafe, including the two-time award-winning salsa from the 2015 Salsa & Tequila Challenge
- A cascarone
- A vote for the Best Cocktail by the Historic East End Bartenders sponsored by Yelp
- Agave Fest hotel room packages. Ask the front desk for more details.
- Historical and cultural art exhibit in the Hotel Congress lobby