- This event has passed.
Skillfully Aware – 6 Weeks to Overcoming Stress
January 12, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Stress degrades both mental and physical health. The cause of stress related illnesses can be traced directly back to what Dr. Pirtle calls “attentional fixation.” In a fixated state, people lose awareness, which leads to unconscious, automatic and repetitious patterns of thinking and behavior. People stuck in such cycles find it difficult, if not impossible to change or heal.
In a comfortable and discrete meditation hall setting, the 6-week SkillfullyAware classes will give you insight into how the mind and body produce and react to emotions and urges, and can help you:
• Learn the cause and remedy of all stress related illnesses
• Understand how the mind-body automatically “writes” one’s life story, and how it affects health
• Learn a novel mindfulness program for healing stress illnesses called SkillfullyAware
• Learn how to meditate and develop a daily spiritual practice
• Become a skillful practitioner of proven mindfulness techniques that can fit seamlessly into any lifestyle
This 6-week Skillfully Aware class meets once per week, on Monday nights, from 6 to 8 PM. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register: www.skillfullyaware.com, Click Workshops/Tucson Classes for all venues