Upcoming Streetcar Testing: Oct 10-16
October 9, 2013
DUE TO THE DYNAMIC NATURE OF TESTING, ROUTES AND SCHEDULES MAY CHANGE
Thursday, October 10 and Friday, October 11 – Daytime testing on west side:
At approximately 8 a.m., streetcar vehicle 101 will travel from the OMF through downtown to west of the interstate. For most of the day, the streetcar will be on the west- side for slow speed brake testing. Police will be present to assist with traffic control as the streetcar travels from the OMF to the west side.
Sunday, October 13 through Wednesday, October 16 – Nighttime controlled high speed testing:
From 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., the Sun Link streetcar team will be conducting controlled high speed testing on the streetcar along University Boulevard, between Fourth Avenue and Euclid Avenue.
High speed testing restrictions, closures, and access. For the safety of residents and the traveling public during the high speed tests, these restrictions will be in place each night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- University Boulevard will be closed from Fourth Avenue to Euclid Avenue.
- Parking will not be permitted along University Boulevard, between Fourth and Euclid Avenues. In coordination with ParkWise, permitted vehicles may be parked on the side street nearest the permit holder’s residence.
- Side streets and alleys intersecting University Boulevard from Fourth Avenue to Euclid Avenue will be closed from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Intermittent vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle access across University Boulevard will be provided.
- Officers will help direct traffic and pedestrians during this test.
Visit www.SunLinkStreetcar.com for more information about the project and streetcar testing. Streetcar Street-Smart Safety information for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists – how-to videos, brochures, and tips – is also available online.