Chicago Music Store Building
April 4, 2017
The 21,155 square-foot Chicago Music Store building at 130 E. Congress is being gutted and retrofitted for a retail center by developers Ron Schwabe of Peach Properties and Marcel Dabdoub. Multiple lease inquiries have been received for the historic structure. Rio Nuevo is currently working with Peach Properties to recruit tenants and with Pima County to lease the adjacent parking lot.
According to the National Register of Historic Places, the building was constructed in 1903 for the Los Angeles Furniture Store followed by JC Penney who was the tenant from 1927 to 1957. Chicago Music Store moved into the building in 1967 up until 2016. The architecture is Commercial Palatial Style, the work of Tucson architect David Holmes. Many of the original features have been preserved.
Chicago Music Store Building In the News: