Window Decorating Contest
7th Annual Downtown Window Decorating Competition
The Downtown Tucson Partnership is making downtown Tucson a holiday destination. In an effort to support businesses and draw people downtown for the holidays, downtown Tucson will host its 7th Annual Downtown Window Decorating Competition. Through the use of lights and décor, we are encouraging Tucsonan’s to visit downtown during the holiday season for shopping, dining, entertainment and to experience the season.
The Downtown Tucson Partnership is inviting downtown Tucson businesses to decorate the windows of their business with colorful lights, wreaths, scenery and other decorative ornaments. Businesses are required to register for the competition and windows are judged based on presentation, workmanship, originality and the use of lights.
Downtown Decorating Contest Rules
- Business must reside in downtown Tucson- see boundaries below
- Windows may be decorated anytime, but must be ready for judging during the December 10th Second Saturday’s event
- Registration deadline is Friday, December 2
- Register using the online form below
- There is no entry fee
All registered participants are eligible to win prizes. A panel of guest judges will make their selection during the December 10th Second Saturdays.
Each winning business will be awarded a certificate to proudly display in their window. Judging criteria is based on the following elements:
- General Presentation
The overall effective presentation in beauty and creativity.
The craftsmanship in the creation. Detail in design and creation of objects with the effective use of colors and materials.
The creativity in the use of lights.
The creativeness and originality in the design concept.
Guest judges to be named shortly!
Prizes include the following and will be awarded to the top three best decorated windows.
- 1st Place- 2 round trip airline tickets anywhere in the continental US
- 2nd Place-$1,000 in advertising opportunities
- 3rd Place- $100 Downtown InstaGift Card
- Winners announced at the December 10th Second Saturdays and on the Downtown Tucson Partnership Facebook and Twitter pages and the Downtown Tucson Partnership website
Who is Eligible?
Businesses between 4th Avenue to the east and Granada to the west and Toole Avenue to the north and 14th Street to the south.
Please register your business below:
Please contact Brandi Haga-Blackman for more information regarding the Downtown Window Decorating Competition.